NetSim is a leading network simulation software for protocol modeling and simulation, network R&D and defence applications. It allows you to analyze computer networks with unmatched depth, power and flexibility.
NetSim Pro version is suited for commercial (enterprise / defence) customers while NetSim standard and NetSim Academic is targeted at education customers. The version comparison table shows the features available in the different versions.
- Check out Network Libraries which shows the different technologies / protocols covered in NetSim.
- Visit Emulator to understand how NetSim Simulator can be connected to real devices running live applications
How is NetSim used?
Design The Network
- Create network scenarios using NetSim’s GUI or using XML config files
- Click and Drop devices, links, application etc into the environment using NetSim’s GUI
- Set properties with just a click. Layer-wise parameters can be edited
- Model large and complicated networks using the XML config file which comes with automatic verification
Run the simulation
- Run the discrete event simulation (DES) through the GUI or via Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Log packet traces that reports parameters such as arrival time, queuing time, payload, overhead, error etc for every packet as it flows through the network
- Record event traces which logs every single event in the protocol Finite State Machine (FSM) transitions along with associated information like time-stamp, Event ID, Event Type etc.
Visualize the simulation – Packet Animator
- Animate packet flow over wired and wireless links
- Color variation for control packets, data packets and error packets
- Control animation with play, pause and simulation time line
Analyze the results
- Examine output performance metrics at multiple levels – network, sub network, link, queue, application etc.
- Study a variety of metrics such as throughput, delay, loss, packet error, link utilization… etc.
- Interpret metrics using in-built plots and graphs
- Export packet and event trace files easily to tools like Excel, Notepad etc for post-processing and statistical analysis
Develop your own protocol / algorithm
- Extend existing algorithms by modifying NetSim’s source C code
- Create custom protocols using NetSim’s simulation API’s
- Interface with other software products
- Debug your code (step-in, step-out, step-over, continue) and watch your variables in sync with simulation
Interface with external software
- The external interface allows NetSim to pass the instantaneous network data to an another tool like MATLAB, SUMO etc
- Software program can then run its compute engine and send back information to NetSim
- NetSim will then use this output to carry out its network simulation routines
|Pricing / Evaluation|
|For Any Query Feel Free to Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Fill Form Our Team Shortly Contacted to You. Click Here to Fill Form.|